Friday Quick Writes

Read through the prompts, think about them for a bit and when you’re ready, find ten quiet minutes and begin…  Remember to capture small, everyday moments – watching a snail eat a lupine leaf – as well as one of a kind moments – James saying “hi” to the bear at the zoo at the same moment the bear moved its head so that James was convinced they were friends.

Use the prompts, what whatever idea comes to your mind.  It’s okay if you finish one idea and begin another.  It’s also okay if you don’t finish when the time is up… you decide:  stop, or keep writing.   You may want to post your quick write as a comment here, or as a stand along post on your own blog or not at all. Have fun!

Draw a quick sketch of the first thing that pops into you head when you think, “This summer, I had fun when…”  Under your sketch list your top five highlights from that memory.

Pick a color and note all the things around you in that color.  If you go someplace else, the grocery story, the beach or your grandparent’s, try it again.  Compare your lists.  What do you discover?

Make a list of summer memories – keep track of the ordinary things, as well as the extraordinary.

What had been the funniest moment of your summer so far?

One thought on “Friday Quick Writes

1. Hi!!! I just started following your blog and I love some of your posts….especially on book recommendations…can I have your permission to use your posts on my third grade blog?