It’s Monday – here are some books you might like to read

April vacation booksIf there was a reading club, would you come?  This week I had a wonderful time reading and while I read I thought, “Alexis would love this book (My Happy Life) and Sami would love this (The Penderwicks series).  I have to finish this so Nick (The Ostrich Conspiracy) can start reading in on Monday.  I think Ollie would really relate to the characters from The Carver Chronicles.  I love the way three books (The Lobster Chronicles) can tell the same story – but each from a different character’s point of view.  I wonder how kids would feel about the different stories of one event.  I love Ms. Rapscott’s Girls!  I wonder what kids will think.  I hope someone reads it soon.  I wish we could all read it together – it would be so cool if there was a family book club too.  Ginger would like the idea of what to do with a magic pencil.  Who will read the sequel to Gooseberry Park?  Has anyone read Gooseberry Park yet?  Will anyone take on reading The Incorrigibles?  Will Marianna read Completely Clementine – the last book of Clementine in 3rd grade?”

You can tell I was thinking a lot about reading with you and wishing we could talk more and share more. Here’s the stack of books I read this week.  Can you imagine reading a book and then finding out that your imagination has brought the characters to life and you can actually join them in their story?  That’s what happens to Billy in The Island of Dr. Libris.  It is both cool and creepy – you’ll have to read it to find out why.  The Black Reckoning is the final book in The Books of Beginning trilogy.  This is Emma’s story and she has to find a way to rid the world of evil by eliminating the Dire Magnus.  If she is successful she may be able to heal the world and bring her family together – but at a great cost.  Is it worth so much loss?  The Griffin’s Riddle offers us more information about Dr. Woo and her imaginary veterinary practice – why she does it, how she does it and who all the players are in the Imaginary World.  This is book 5 in the series.  I think they keep getting better and better as I learn more about the characters and how they interact.

There are a lot more great books in the pile.  They’re all waiting for you in our classroom Enjoy!  (and let me know if you want to start a reading club before or after school – either one, I’m game!)