We’ve been learning about seed parts, seeds, planting and growing. This week be began a seed growing experiment in the classroom and began chard as part of our school-wide square foot gardening project.
About six weeks ago Sutton collected apple seeds from his lunch and planted them. We have seven 4-inch apple tree seedlings in our classroom. We’re going to see how they thrive in the nice warm greenhouse. All our growing projects inspired us to share spring thought on our blogs. Please leave a comment when you read them. They are inspiring.
- What is your favorite part of spring and why?
- A fresh start at spring is a great time to…
- If you could plant a garden of anything, what would be in it?
- Tell your story of gardening
- Tell the story of a magical garden
- Write a poem about the flowers, gardens and new baby animals of spring
Thanks for reading.