Hi 3E! What are you reading?

Before vacation started Hajna asked me to write down my reading goals for the vacation.  I said I would try to read: 4 adult novels, 2 professional books, and 10 children’s books.  I also said I would make 2 posts on our blog and 3 or 4 post on Kid’s Books 101 – the book review blog I have with Matt.

Here’s what I’ve read so far:

Stick Dog

Stick Dog Wants a Hot Dog

Ivy and Bean Take the Case (Ivy and Bean, #10)

Just Grace, Star on Stage

I think kids in our classroom will really like reading these books.  What Stick Dog and his friends will do for food is pretty funny.  The next book is Stick Dog Wants Pizza and I am wondering what will happen to Poo-Poo the Poodle, Karen the Dachsund, Stripes the Dalmation and Mutt, the Mutt when they work together to ease Stick Dog’s growling stomach.

Stick Dog has an interesting website.  You can read about the books, play some games, and learn how the illustrations are created.  Tom Watson suggests that you create your own Stick Dog stories after you learn how to draw him.  That would be fun!

Both the Ivy and Bean series and the Just Grace series have ten books in them.  I’ve read everyone of them and have enjoyed each one.  I like the characters – they are good friends, they work through different problems – sometimes smoothly, sometimes not, and they deal with their feelings honestly.  You can learn more about Ivy and Bean here and about Just Grace here.  What is your “super power?”  (And did you notice the new Just Grace book comes out next week!)

After we read The Seven Wonders of Sassafras Springs, I discovered a Seven Wonders series.  I decided to see what it was like and so I gave  Lost in Babylon a try.  It’s an adventure series for older kids.  I thought I had gotten the first one, but it was the second and so I had a little bit of trouble following the story.  Essentially a group of kids is traveling back in time to each of the Seven Ancient Wonders of the World in order to find magic hidden by the rulers of Atlantis and to save their lives.   I will read the first one and then decide if it a series I’ll finish.  So far so good.

Lost in Babylon (Seven Wonders, #2)

The Valley of Amazement

Leaving Everything Most Loved (Maisie Dobbs #10)

I’ve read two adult books.  A new one by a favorite author Amy Tan, The Valley of Amazement and another in a favorite series, Leaving Everything Most Loved.  I’m in the middle of three different professional books that I think I’ll be able to finish, but I’m not sure.  Our family from New York is arriving later this morning and staying for the weekend.  I’ll do my best.

So far, I’m half way toward achieving my goals – 2 of 4 adult novels done, half of 3 professional books done, 5 of 10 children’s chapter books done, 1 of 2 3E News posts done, 0 of 3 or 4 Kid’s Books 101 posts done (better get moving on that one!)

Happy Vacation!

I hope you’re reading too.  Leave a comment to let us know!

2 thoughts on “Hi 3E! What are you reading?

• It is the title of a book. Parker read it and made me curious about it. I read it and the sequel over vacation. They are in the classroom now. I think you would find them funny.