Blog Prompts for November 28

Here are the prompts the children went to the computer lab with today for our Wednesday blogging session.  Part of today’s challenge was to find an original way to illustrate the post.  We’re learning to use the hand held scanner and how to use the camera along with all the tools we can use to create a great photo.

The children chose from this list:

• Write a short piece about a winter snowstorm – real or imagined. What do you see, hear, feel and do?
  • Describe your favorite place to explore outside. What do you see, hear, feel and do?
  • Choose a natural object as you walk out the door. How does it inspire you?
  • What are all the good things about Winter?What are all the bad things about Winter?  (You can trade winter for any of the other seasons: Spring, Summer or Fall.)

About half of them were able to write and illustrate their post in the forty-five minute blogging session.  The other half will finish in the next day or two.  Thanks for all the comments.  The class really appreciates them.  it inspires them to write more.

While we were away for Thanksgiving Break, Bamboo, our gecko shed its skin for the first time.  Here is Bamboo in its new glowing colors.

3 thoughts on “Blog Prompts for November 28

1. Wow! Bamboo looks amazing! Sounds like you bloggers were BUSY today!
    I’ll have to check in on your blogs again soon! 🙂

-Mrs. Wyman

2. Thank you for commenting on our blogs! How’s you’re new school going? Do you have any funny school stories from your new class? Do you work with other teachers? Are you going to blog with your 5th grade kids?
    We miss you. 🙁
    3E

• Awwww. I’m just finding this now. It’s been a very busy month with the fifth graders in my new class.

I’m trying to think of funny stories… we had 2 snow days already. Yikes! There was a lot of heavy snow so it was difficult for buses to get around. Many people were without power too. There is snow on the ground at my new school. It’s pretty icy now, but it looks like winter there!

We have not done any blogging…yet. You’ll be the first to know if and when we blog!

Hope you are all well.
      Miss you bloggers!
      Mrs. Wyman